Frequently Asked Questions
- Could you help us understand the Rancher approach to supporting specific k8s versions and how Rancher keeps up with new k8s releases?
- How should I understand the kubernetes patch version mentioned in the support matrix under Rancher Kubernetes for a specific Rancher product version?
- I plan to import my legacy k8s cluster into Rancher and having issues with my legacy cluster. Can Rancher Support help troubleshoot the issue?
- Will Rancher fix the issue and release a patch, if the problem is root-caused in Kubernetes?
- As part of a Rancher upgrade, do I need to upgrade my k8s cluster to a version listed in the support matrix for that Rancher version? If I do not, will the cluster continue to work fine as is? Will Rancher support this cluster?
- Is Rancher Support only for RKE-provisioned clusters?
- It appears Rancher does not support Kubernetes beyond v1.12 in its 1.6.x product line. Why is this?