How to connect your Hosted Rancher network to your AWS transit gateway?
The following steps can be taken to connect your Hosted Rancher network to an AWS transit gateway running in your AWS account.
- Make sure you have provided the Hosted Rancher team with a CIDR that does not overlap with your existing infrastructure. If not, your Hosted Rancher environment may need to be redeployed with the new CIDR. The CIDR must be a /25 block or larger. Using a /24 is normally preferred.
- If you haven't already, create a transit gateway in your AWS account. See Create a transit gateway.
- In the AWS console, go to Resource Access Manager (RAM) service.
- In RAM, click the orange button in the top right corner labeled
Create a resource share.
- For the name, use something descriptive that includes both your company name and "Hosted Rancher". For example, "Widget Corp transit gateway for Hosted Rancher". For resource type, select Transit Gateways. Select the transit gateway you want to share. In Principals, check Allow external accounts and enter the AWS account number 637727475750. Click the orange
Create resource sharein the bottom right corner.
- Let the Hosted Rancher team know you have created the share. We will accept the share and make a request to attach the transit gateway to your Hosted Rancher VPC.
- Accept the request to attach your transit gateway to the Hosted Rancher VPC. To do this, go to the VPC service, click
Transit Gateway Attachmentsin the navigation pane, select the transit gateway attachment, choose Actions -> Accept.
- Provide the Hosted Rancher team a list of CIDRs you want routed through the transit gateway.