Can I move from self-hosted Rancher to Hosted Rancher?
Yes, we can do a one time migration of your entire self-hosted Rancher into the Hosted Rancher service. Requirements for migration are:
- You must be running Rancher v2.5.2 or higher for at least one week.
- Rancher cluster must be running Kubernetes v1.16 or higher for at least one week.
- All managed/downstream clusters must be running Kubernetes v1.16 or higher for at least one week.
- Have a kubeconfig file for all your managed (downstream) Kubernetes clusters. The kubeconfig file should point directly to the cluster’s kube-apiserver endpoint and not to Rancher. For RKE clusters, see Authorized Cluster Endpoint for setup.
- Authentication integration must be with a public endpoint that Hosted Rancher can reach.
- Global and cluster catalogs must have a public endpoint that Hosted Rancher can reach.
- Clusters provisioned using the vSphere node driver cannot be managed unless the vSphere API endpoint is made available to Hosted Rancher.
- All downstream/managed clusters must have outbound Internet access over port 443, or at least outbound access to Hosted Rancher.
- You must provide the output of Helm Chart values used to install Rancher:
helm get values -n cattle-system rancher > rancher-values.yaml
- You must provide a copy of the system summary report for your Rancher environment. See this article for instructions.