This article details how to confirm that a Rancher version upgrade has successfully completed.
- A Rancher v2.x instance, either a single Docker container or a Highly Available (HA) installation in Kubernetes
- A Rancher version upgrade performed per the Rancher upgrade documentation
The following can be verified to confirm that the Rancher component containers have all been successfully upgrade to the newer version:
- Within the Rancher UI, confirm the version in the bottom-left corner displays the newer version.
- For a HA installation, confirm the rancher Deployment Pods within the cattle-system namespace of the Rancher cluster have all been updated to the newer version.
- Confirm that the Rancher agent workloads (the cattle-node-agent DaemonSet and cattle-cluster-agent Deployment in the cattle-system namespace) in all of the Rancher managed clusters have been updated to the newer version.