Dear Rancher user,
We have been sharing important Rancher product lifecycle dates on our Support and Maintenance Terms of Service page.
To help you plan for any necessary upgrades for your deployments, we brought to your attention, in previous 2019 advisories here and here, information on some Rancher product versions that are approaching (or have reached) their End of Maintenance (EOM) and End of Life (EOL) milestones.
This 2020 communication is an ongoing follow-up on that same topic to highlight product versions and their EOM/EOL milestones:
EOM Dates in 2020
|Rancher Version||~~~||EOM Date|
|v2.2.x||April 15, 2020|
|v2.3.x||October 07, 2020|
EOL Dates in 2020
|Rancher Version||~~~||EOL Date|
|v2.1.x||April 19, 2020|
|v1.6.x||June 30, 2020|
What does the above mean?
After a product release reaches its EOM date, no further code-level maintenance will be provided, except for critical security-related fixes. Product will continue to be supported in a limited manner until it reaches EOL, in the form of:
- General troubleshooting of a specific issue to isolate potential causes
- Upgrade recommendation to an existing newer version of product
- Issue resolution limited to applying configuration changes and/or an upgrade recommendation to an existing newer version of product
Once a product release reaches its EOL date, a Rancher user may continue to use the product within the terms of the product licensing agreement. Support Plan SLAs from Rancher Labs however do not apply to product versions that are past their EOL dates.
Our Support and Maintenance Terms of Service page will be updated this quarter for any support matrix mentions for product versions (such as v2.1.x) that have reached their EOL dates.
For Rancher v1.6 users
- Rancher v1.x does not have any planned development in 2020 and has a published EOL date of June 30, 2020.
- To be eligible for limited support during the EOM to EOL phase, deployments need to be on Rancher v1.6.28 or above.
- There is no direct upgrade path from Rancher v1.6 to v2.x. Please visit this page, for migrating from v1.6 to v2.x.
For RancherOS users
- Please visit our Support and Maintenance Terms of Service page for information on EOM/EOL dates.
- Refer this FAQ post: Could you help us understand the development and support status of RancherOS for 2020 and beyond?
If there are any questions, simply submit a request via this portal referencing this article and we will track and respond to your question as a Support Ticket.
Rancher Support Team